BIG SKY – During the season of Lent, All Saints in Big Sky is collecting items for personal care kits to benefit families that have fled their homes due to violence, as in Syria, or natural disaster, as in Haiti. These refugees are often unable to afford basic hygiene supplies.
Lutheran World Relief has asked All Saints to join the Baskets of Promise appeal since their warehouses have been depleted by the many crises around the world in the last year.
Every Sunday during Lent, All Saints will collect a specific item. Here is the schedule:
• Feb. 17 – bars of soap (4-5 ounces, any brand, in original wrapping)
• Feb. 24 – bath towels (lightweight, maximum 52 by 27 inches, dark color recommended)
• March 3 – toothbrushes (adult size, in original packaging)
• March 10 – combs
• March 17 – nail clippers (metal, attached file optional)
• March 24 – collection continues of any items above.
Personal care kit assembly will take place in the lower level of the chapel on the afternoon of Tuesday, March 26, during Holy Week.
Monetary donations are also accepted. This money will be used to buy items necessary to complete the kits or to pay for the postage to ship kits to the LWR warehouse in Minneapolis.