Mike Scholz of Buck’s T-4 Lodge in Big Sky has received the “Lodging Persons of the Year Award” during the Montana Lodging and Hospitality Association’s annual Awards Banquet on Oct. 26.
Steve Wahrlich, the newly elected Treasurer of the Montana Lodging and Hospitality Association Board of Directors presented the award. Wahrlich spoke of Scholz’s extensive record of achievements and for being a leading voice for the tourism industry at the statewide level.
“Mike has been a stalwart supporter and contributor to Montana’s tourism industry for all of his professional life,” Wahrlich said. Steve described Scholz’s legislative efforts to enhance tourism promotion funding as well as his efforts to develop the Travelers for Open Land Program. He also commended Scholz on his current push to help lead the Tourism PR Initiative. “Mike is an outstanding professional that is always willing to offer an opinion and help lead the charge.”
More about Scholz:
· 1972 BS in Civil Engineering, Ohio State University
· 1972 to present – Owner, developer and manager of Buck’s T-4 Lodge, Big Sky
· 1989 to present – Board of Directors, Montana Lodging and Hospitality Association. He served as the Chair of MLHA from 2002 to 2004.
· 1996 elected to serve as a director on the prestigious Best Western International Board. Served as Chairman in 1999.
· Big Sky Western Bank Board of Directors
· Big Sky Transportation District Board
· Big Sky Chapel
· Big Sky Chamber of Commerce (founder and past-president)
· Big Sky Fire District
-From the Montana Lodging and Hospitality Association