TWIN BRIDGES, Mont. (AP) – A fire that burned through a Montana fly rod shop knocked out electricity at some houses for many hours.
The Montana Standard reports the Sunday fire left Twin Bridge’s R.L. Winston Rod Co. building gutted. Fire Chief Lloyd Carlson says it took 24 firefighters and about four hours to put out the fire. Twin Bridges firefighters had help from Dillon and Sheridan.
Carlson says the fire appears to have started due to an electrical issue in the south side building. He is calling the building a total loss, but says some valuable bamboo may still be there. The company has a newer building several blocks from the burned structure.
Copyright 2017 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.